Hello! I (Neil Padukone) am a Fellow for Geopolitics at the Takshashila Institution, and a Public Service Fellow at Harvard University's Kennedy School of Government. I'm currently writing a book on the future of conflict in South Asia. This blog is a public platform for some of my writings and thoughts on international relations, geopolitics, public management, security and conflict, identity studies, urban development, complexity theory, and religion, among other topics.
- Learn about NYC's music history with $free neighborhood walking tours every Saturday in June @nymusicmonth #NYMM2017 nymusicmonth.nyc/nyc-sound-trac… 3 months ago
- RT @MadeinNY: Announcing June 2017 as New York Music Month! Join us for free concerts, industry events, and much more. https://t.co/Ig3rhNg… 4 months ago
- To rebuild US #infrastructure, restore US #manufacturing. My piece @thehill w @JustinZorn .@UMfgAlliance bit.ly/2bAtGjs 1 year ago
- Review of “The Pashtuns” by Abubakar Siddique for Open Magazine
- Why is soccer called football? (And vice versa).
- South Asia Institute Grant to study Mumbai’s metro system
- Paper in the World Affairs Journal – India and Pakistan’s Afghan Endgames: What Lies Ahead?
- The Case for Indian Islam – Article in Pragati
- Central Asia
- Climate Change
- Complexity Theory
- Media Appearance
- South Asia
- Studies and Pedagogy
- Terrorism and Militancy
- United States
Category Archives: Media Appearance
I recently did a skype interview with South Asia News on the issue of Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s recent visit to India. We talked about India’s role in the Iran sanctions, the retail sector and economic reforms, and India’s … Continue reading
I recently did a phone interview with Stephanie Nolen, the South Asia Bureau Chief of Canada’s Globe and Mail newspaper. We talked about the US-India-Iran dynamic and how it fits into some of New Delhi’s broader strategic concerns in the … Continue reading
Here’s a transcript of an interview I gave with RT, the Russian news channel, on May 8th, 2012, on Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s visit to India. The questions focused mostly on the Iran sanctions regime and its effects on … Continue reading
I was recently invited to give a presentation on India’s power projection at a SATSA conference at Syracuse University. My presentation was part of a panel on Rising Powers Projecting Influence Abroad that also included Luce Foundation Vice President Dr. Terry … Continue reading
I was recently interviewed on Russia Today, the television network, where I spoke about Iran, the futility of sanctions, and the role of countries like India. Check out the entire report here and the interview here.